Haas CNC Mill & Lathe SETUP Machinist/OPERATOR
Voodoo13 USA is actively seeking talented machinists with a passion for the aftermarket automotive industry to build and develop cutting edge automotive suspension components. Much of our work involves taking jobs back from overseas and putting them right back here in America. We believe in investing back into our employees and putting them in positions that they can enjoy and excel at. There is plenty of room for growth at our company, no matter if it’s into management and leadership or becoming a specialist in the latest manufacturing technology. If you want to be part of a highly talented and motivated team of engineers and machinists, we want to hear from you!
As a successful hire, you will use your knowledge to operate CNC Machines such as Mills and Lathes, prep and stage material for upcoming jobs, and ensure smooth day to day operations. The CNC Setup Machinist/Operator has several responsibilities that are vital to the company’s success, and will:
- Operate CNC Machines such as Mills and Lathes
- Operate Horizontal Band Saw to cut materials
- Prep and stage material for upcoming or in-progress jobs
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with manufacturing team including machinists and engineers and quality assurance to ensure quality standards are met
- Load and unload parts from CNC Mill/Lathe jaws, fixtures, chucks, or collets
- Listen and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions, worn tools or damaged cutting tools
- Measure pieces removed from CNC Mill/Lathe for conformance to prints provided and have first articles inspected by engineering or supervisor
- Maintain coolant and cutting oils levels of CNC Mill/Lathes as needed
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork daily
Qualifications and Skills
To be chosen for this role you must be reliable, thrive off working in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail. Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years or more of CNC Mill/Lathe experience, a basic knowledge of the aftermarket automotive products that we sell, and the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- 3-5 Years minimum experience with CNC Mill/Lathes
- Setup experience preferred
- Regular attendance
- Familiarity with ISO Processes
- Ability to read job prints and understand dimensions and tolerances
- Must be able to read precision gauges to inspect parts (i.e. micrometer, calipers)
- Comfortable with multitasking and operating multiple machines
- Must posses good mechanical reasoning abilities
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
This role is for you if...
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You truly want to make a difference for the company and the team.
- You are looking to advance your career and grow into new and exciting responsibilities.
- You have a demonstrated ability to problem solve and critical thinking skills.
- You want to work for a company that enforces its values, removes negativity from the workplace, and genuinely wants every team member to succeed.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday at our office in Mesa, Arizona. Some nights and weekends may be required occasionally.
This position offers tremendous growth opportunities as well as:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits (available after 90 days)
- Casual Dress Code
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
Ready to JOIN OUR TEAM?
Voodoo13 is an aftermarket automotive performance part manufacturer specializing in the production of MIL-SPEC grade suspension components for both street and track vehicles. All products are proudly engineered, manufactured and assembled at our facility in Mesa, Arizona using only the highest quality materials sourced from US suppliers.