Voodoo13 is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer with a passion for the aftermarket automotive industry to build and develop cutting edge suspension components. Much of our work involves taking jobs back from overseas and putting them right back here in America. We believe in investing into our employees and putting them in positions they enjoy and can excel at. There is plenty of room for growth at our company, no matter if it’s into management and leadership or becoming a specialist in the latest engineering technology. If you want to be part of a highly talented and motivated team of engineers and machinists, we want to hear from you!
This is a position focused around the development of high performance, aftermarket automotive suspension products. The successful candidate will be directly involved in the market research, design, engineering, testing and production of new products. The engineer will work on multiple projects at once and need to effectively manage tasks in order to meet project objectives and deadlines. He/she will work closely with machinists, product managers, suppliers, and manufacturing to bring new products to market in a timely manner.
- Take new products from concept to reality; oversee each stage of the new product life cycle
- Design and optimize products for increased performance in extreme racing environments
- Create and maintain solid models and prints of designs in Solidworks
- Project and task management, including organizing documentation
- Oversee testing and validation of new parts
- Work with Sales team and Management to bring innovative designs to market
- Post introduction and technical support of the product with sales, marketing, quality control and warranty
- Assess applications and analyze/benchmark OEM parts Design, develop, and test components as needed
- Apply new design, process, materials or testing methods
- Create new and maintain existing engineering models and drawings
- Assemble, install and evaluate prototypes
- Create and maintain test records, test data, photo documentation, etc.
- Generate technical content for product instructions, FAQs, and marketing information
- Assist with updates to product application guide
- Keeps Manager informed of assignment status, timing, and technical issues
- Takes advantage of all learning opportunities
- Independently creates/manages project plans
- Is able to provide detailed instructions to peers
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
Qualifications and Skills
To be chosen for this role you must be reliable, thrive off working in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail. Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of professional experience in engineering design, a basic knowledge of the aftermarket automotive products that we sell, and the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- 3+ years professional experience in engineering design – preferably automotive related
- BS degree in engineering (‘4-year’ program) preferred; or 8 years experience without
- Demonstrable general knowledge of automobiles, with emphasis on suspension/chassis parts and function across new and old platforms
- Working knowledge of alignment principals and methods (Familiarity with alignment equipment desired)
- Working knowledge of engineering software
- CAD – preferably SolidWorks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of drawing standards (desired)
- Knowledge of metalworking processes including machining, forging, casting, stamping/bending, etc. and familiarity with DFMA (Design For Manufacturing and Assembly) principals
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to company standards
- Knowledge of common materials (metals, elastomers, plastics, etc)
- Continuous improvement habits – stays current on automotive chassis related technology, processes, new vehicle models, engineering tools and resources, materials advances, manufacturing methods, etc.
- Conducts all activities in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of industrial automation, including design, assembly, wiring and programming a plus.
This role is for you if...
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You truly want to make a difference for the company and the team.
- You are looking to advance your career and grow into new and exciting responsibilities.
- You have a demonstrated ability to problem solve and critical thinking skills.
- You want to work for a company that enforces its values, removes negativity from the workplace, and genuinely wants every team member to succeed.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday at our office in Mesa, Arizona. Some nights and weekends may be required occasionally.
This position offers tremendous growth opportunities as well as:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits (available after 90 days)
- Casual Dress Code
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
Ready to JOIN OUR TEAM?
Voodoo13 is an aftermarket automotive performance part manufacturer specializing in the production of MIL-SPEC grade suspension components for both street and track vehicles. All products are proudly engineered, manufactured and assembled at our facility in Mesa, Arizona using only the highest quality materials sourced from US suppliers.