Mechanical Engineering Intern
Voodoo13 USA is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineering Intern with a passion for the aftermarket automotive industry to assist with the development of cutting edge suspension components. The Mechanical Engineering Intern is an incredibly important role here at Autoline Industries as you will be a key component in producing innovative products and bringing jobs back to America from overseas. We believe in investing back into our employees and putting them in positions that they can enjoy and excel at. There is plenty of room for growth at our company, no matter if it’s into management and leadership or becoming a specialist in the latest manufacturing technology. If you want to be part of a highly talented and motivated team of engineers and machinists, we want to hear from you!
This is a position focused around the development of high performance, aftermarket automotive suspension products. The successful candidate will be directly involved in the market research, design, engineering, testing and production of new products. You will work on multiple projects at once and need to effectively manage tasks in order to meet project objectives and deadlines. He/she will work closely with fellow engineers, machinists, product managers, suppliers, and manufacturing to bring new products to market in a timely manner.
- Complete appropriate market research and applies research appropriately to the design and development of new products
- Create and maintain solid models and prints of designs in Solidworks
- Project and task management, including organizing documentation
- Assist with introduction and technical support of new product with sales, marketing, quality control and warranty
- Assess applications and analyze/benchmark OEM parts design, develop, and test components as needed
- Apply new design, process, materials or testing methods
- Create new and maintain existing engineering models and drawings
- Assemble, install and evaluate prototypes
- Create and maintain test records, test data, photo documentation, etc.
- Generate technical content for product instructions, FAQs, and marketing information
- Assist with updates to product application guide
- Keeps Manager informed of assignment status, timing, and technical issues
- Takes advantage of all learning opportunities
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
Qualifications and Skills
To be chosen for this role you must be reliable, thrive off working in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail. Our ideal candidate is currently enrolled or is a recent graduate with a BS degree in engineering, has a basic knowledge of the aftermarket automotive products that we sell, and the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Solidworks experience
- Possesses a mechanical aptitude
- BS degree in engineering (‘4-year’ program) preferred; or 3 years experience without; or, current student
- Demonstrable general knowledge of automobiles, with emphasis on suspension/chassis parts and function across new and old platforms
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability and confidence to work through difficult and new problems. Some related to engineering, others not
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to company standards
- Knowledge of common materials (metals, elastomers, plastics, etc)
- Continuous improvement habits – stays current on automotive chassis related technology, processes, new vehicle models, engineering tools and resources, materials advances, manufacturing methods, etc.
- Conducts all activities in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of industrial automation, including design, assembly, wiring and programming a plus.
This role is for you if...
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You truly want to make a difference for the company and the team.
- You are looking to advance your career and grow into new and exciting responsibilities.
- You have a demonstrated ability to problem solve and critical thinking skills.
- You want to work for a company that enforces its values, removes negativity from the workplace, and genuinely wants every team member to succeed.
This is a full or part-time position working Monday-Friday at our office in Mesa, Arizona. Some nights and weekends may be required occasionally.
This position offers tremendous growth opportunities as well as:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits (available after 90 days)
- Casual Dress Code
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
Ready to JOIN OUR TEAM?
Voodoo13 is an aftermarket automotive performance part manufacturer specializing in the production of MIL-SPEC grade suspension components for both street and track vehicles. All products are proudly engineered, manufactured and assembled at our facility in Mesa, Arizona using only the highest quality materials sourced from US suppliers.